LinkPoint API (Application Programming Interface) is comprehensive payment processing software for the merchant who requires a more sophisticated payment solution.
LinkPoint API gives merchants complete control over how their payments are processed, and allows them to build transaction processing applications that can process payments from a web site or from multiple point-of-sale terminals. Ideal for either e-commerce or large-scale retail situations, LinkPoint API uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt and pass confidential transaction and order information directly to the LinkPoint Secure Payment Gateway.
Downloads and Demos:
- LinkPoint API User Manual
- LinkPoint Web Service API User Manual (New)
- LinkPoint Product Overview Video
LinkPoint API Process Flow:
- Once your site is ready to process orders a customer visits your website and reviews your online catalog. They select items for purchase and click the Add to Cart button.
- When the customer is finished shopping and ready to check out they click on the View Cart button, and then on the Check Out button.
- The customer is transferred to an SSL-secured payment form, where they enter their billing and shipping address, credit card information, and e-mail address.
- The order and payment data are transmitted through an SSL-secure Internet connection to your SSL-secured web server.
- Your shopping cart software and the LinkPoint API work together to process the order.
- LinkPoint then transmits the order and payment information to the credit card processing network through a dedicated lease line and receives a response.
- The LinkPoint API automatically sends the customer an e-mail receipt for their purchase and returns order confirmation information through your secure web server, containing order details and instructions for any downloadable items.
- All order and payment information is posted back to your web server.
- Finally, the customer is returned to an Order Confirmed page on your website that outline
Features & Benefits
Build a Full-Featured Online Store
You can build a secure solution that's as sophisticated as you need with LinkPoint API. The merchant-configurable tax and shipping modules can automatically calculate tax and shipping for any order.
Build an All-in-One Retail Solution
A large retail chain may have tens to tens of thousands of swipe devices that they need to tie together. LinkPoint API offers a flexible, secure solution to integrate them into one system, reliably handling as many transactions as the merchant needs to process.
- Large-scale configurations can be built to fit the merchant's business perfectly.
- Solutions can include as many Point-of-Sale devices as needed.
Process Business-to-Business (B2B) Financial Transactions
With full level II purchasing card support, our LinkPoint API offers a complete B2B solution that fully supports both Web transactions and large retail chains.
LinkPoint API is available in a variety of programming languages to allow web developers to use the technology they're comfortable with.
Features and Advantages:
- Fraud protection - Provides crucial preventive measures that allow merchants to block specific credit card numbers, Internet protocol (IP) or Class C addresses, customer names, or domain names.
- Address Verification Service (AVS) - Helps merchants combat fraud by comparing the consumer's billing address with the address on file with the card-issuing bank. If the two match, merchants know there is a lower chance of fraud.
- Online Reports and Account Management - Provides real-time management reports via your merchant's Web browser
- E-mail notification - The merchant and the customer are both notified of pending order and transaction approvals via e-mail
- Tax Module - This tax calculator calculates sales tax by state and municipality. It allows you to determine how or when customers are charged sales tax for products and services they have ordered.
- Shipping Module - This module calculates shipping by flat rate or dollar amount per order. Shipping tables are configured based on zones or the type of shipping used. This versatile module allows merchants to determine shipping charges precisely.
- Automatic recurring transactions - LinkPoint API allows you to create a recurring billing system for memberships, subscriptions and other periodic billing purposes
- Purchasing cards - The LinkPoint API supports the use of purchasing cards with full Level II Purchasing Card support.
For instant approval!